E63: How to Conquer Devastating Retirement Expectations
We discuss the unrealistic retirement expectations people have, and how you can find fulfillment in your work instead of merely working for a paycheck.
Today we’re talking about a topic that either you like talking about or you avoid talking about, depending on your personality. That topic is retirement. It can be exciting, it can be scary, it can be nerve-racking, but it just depends on how well you’ve prepared and your relationship with money and work, to begin with.
We’ll uncover some of the things we found that make retirement expectations dangerous.
Topics on Retirement Expectations Covered:
- Thinking differently about retirement
- Determining the right age to plan for
- Counting the days vs. loving what you do
- Rabbi Lappin and Nelson Nash on retirement
- Finding meaning and value in service and passion
- The two options for dealing with a job you hate
- The false dreams financial services sell us and why
- Who arbitrary ages set limitations
Change your own mentality into being a servant at work–serve your clientele and put your heart in–you will change your attitude on money and on work.The golden years idea is just a marketing ploy by the financial services industry. Most do not understand how tragic it can be to live on a fairly fixed income without much leeway and if a medical emergency comes along in retirement…
The Tree of Wealth: How to Build a Legacy FREE EBOOK